Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Words of Malcolm X Inspired Me To Write!


It seems like yesterday, but I remember the very day I first read The Autobiography of Malcolm X: it was a sunny day, midday, I went to the library, I was 22, and in search of myself and the truth.  It hit me then and there...GET MALCOLM X's book.  I checked it out, read it...and was changed forever.

What inspired me the most was the authenticity and realness of what he was saying.  It hit me to the core--I totally related to him.  

It was this very moment that opened up my soul and it lead me down a path that provoked the author in me today.

I'm so thankful for Malcolm X.  

During his lifetime, he never really achieved success personally, but he was living his destiny and he knew that he'd pay the price with his life.  However, the truth that he invoked in America and in Black people particular, was needed. 

He was demonized, caricatured and hated--believe it or not, by upper middle class Black people than racist whites.  And the feeling was mutual.

Malcolm was a vigorous defender of Blacks against white violence and his speeches changed the minds and hearts of people around the world.

He just made too much damn sense.

Never one to back down, he spoke his mind unapologetically, daring anyone to challenge him.  He took on all comers.  His debates at Harvard are legendary.  He was a strong advocate for Black Nationalism and urged Blacks to be more self-reliant.  

Where would we be if it were not for this man's courage?

He spoke out when it was dangerous for Black people to do so.

If you are a young person and have not read this book, I encourage you to do so.

It will change your life.

Get a copy of my new book.  Available on Amazon.com and other online stores (also on Kindle)



No comments: