Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Power Is What Motivates Me!



Keeping it real.


Ever since I was a small girl; I have been attracted to power. I didn't know it then; but I realized as I began to get older that my natural inclinations were not to be popular; but POWERFUL.

Power is the game of the mighty and I understood this from an early age.

What is power? Simply put: it is the ability to do something powerful or act in an authoritative way, esp. as a faculty or quality.

Someone once said that Black people don't understand power and that is why we as a people continue to be marginalized in certain areas.

This may be true to some degree, but I do believe that many Black people are very much aware that a game is being played in this world and to win; one must understand how to master it.

I've always been interested in great leaders and intrigued by their ability to inspire multitudes of people.

All my life, I've been an observer of others. And what I've discovered about those who are powerful are the following:

1.They don't command--they inspire others

2.They exhibit confidence where others cower

3.They are not afraid to show their vulnerabilities

4.They know how to delegate

5.They learn from others(great leaders are great students)

6.They are willing to make sacrifices for future gains

7.They emphasize good qualities in others and show gratitude

8.Are detached from criticism

9.They exhibit humility--even during great achievements

10.A true leader understands that he/she must first be a servant

This is how I live every single day.

I don't care about anyone liking me...but know this: I'm not interested in being liked as much as I am focused on being relevant.

One must have power to EMPOWER.

And this is my goal.

No comments: