Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Journey of Writing My First Book...

Order at www.createspace.com/3739335; Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and other online sites!

The journey of this book began officially in May of 2003; with several pit stops along the way.

During that year, I had been laid off from a major insurance company and really was ambivalent about getting back in the workforce.  Yeah, I got my resume out immediately and went to several outsourcing events.

In light of the current economic situation in this country; it was not easy in 2003 to land a job right away, so I decided to study Real Estate as a counter. 

A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman was the title I chose...with the subtitle: In Search of Black Men Who Live With Purpose.  Why the title?  Well...for many years, I had observed the negative behaviorial tendendicies of young Black men and as a Black woman; I wondered if they were conscious of what they were doing to themselves, their community and to the women that loved them?

Years earlier, the genesis of the book began on Blackvoices in discussions that I created.  From those discussions, I was able to witness the pathology behind the mindsets of many Black males and Black women.  Those conversations, debates and exchanges motivated me to use positive discourse as a measure to get deeper as to the causes of the breakdowns in communication that seems to exist between Black men and women today.  Many of the participants would often motivate me to write a book.  I made a mental note of it, not knowing that circumstances would present themselves in the future that would prompt me to do just that.

When I got laid off...literally, a little voice inside of me said...write the book.  I knew it was time.

On December 30, 2011; that book was released to the world.

This is not a book by yet another angry Black woman...This book is for Black men who are motivated by Power and want to EMPOWER!  I wrote it after many years of observation with the motivation of saving lives. Everyone wants to know what Black women are thinking. Well, I decided to tell them. It's raw, uncut and unapologetic. NO! It's not the rant of an angry Black woman, but one who has made intelligent analysis of why so many Black males in America seem to be lost. It's a wake-up call. And it's my prayer that I can get through to them.

*Help make this book a number one best seller. 

No comments: