Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Who Do I Have To Be?




What makes people do what they do? Why do so many people spend so much time trying to impress people that they don't really like?

We live our lives trying to impress others, but the trick of life is to make people accept you without all the masks many wear.

All of my life, I've been me.

I was a quiet child. Deep thinker--even at 5 years old. I observed and made mental notes of everything. Music was my first loved and I would disappear into the stereo whenever I music flowed through my house. It was my buddy--my constant companion. I never quite had a need for validation or acceptance. I was me. period. Like me or move on. I would not change to make anyone more comfortable. All I can be is me.

Sometimes we are intimidated on the job, by our peers, community, churches, and general society. However, you have to take a stand and stop playing games.

I know that some people find it hard to be relaxed in certain settings, but it's so powerful when you just walk in a room and not care who is there. It's not about the company but the impact you leave people with that matters.

That has stayed with me to this day.

Do you know who you are? Are you true to yourself?



Get a copy of my new book.  Available on Amazon.com and other online stores (also on Kindle)

No comments: