Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Truth Shall Set You Free...



Jesus said it...and I'm a living witness to that.

When I was in my early twenties, I came to a cross-road in my life. Honestly, I really didn't know what direction I was supposed to take. It caused me great inner turmoil and for the first time in my life; I really was confused and it scared me. One morning, I woke up...and I literally cried out to God and asked him to "SHOW ME WHO I AM." Some of you have probably heard folks say: Be careful what you ask for. Well...literally, for a seven year period, I had to face every single fear that I had--out in the open. Folks saw the real me. And it wasn't pretty sometimes. This experience not only made me take a look at myself; it forced me to GET REAL and take it like a woman. If you can't be real with yourself, you can't be real with anyone. I didn't understand what I was going through nor why, but deep down; God had a plan and I'd just have to trust that. Over time, I began to mature. I also developed a fearlessness that I had never known. By confronting my demons, I began to discover a lot of the anger I had contained was released and life began to look more promising. I still didn't know where I was going, but I had to trust that inner voice. This became my adventure. A Quest if you will...it was my Odyssey. There was something shaping and molding me and I'd have to face my obstacles if I were to evolve.

A preacher once said that in order to advance we must face adversity.

I now know what it means to value friendships, family, community, faith, being authentic, and above all...being TRUTHFUL. I was in search of the truth. And the only way I could find it, I had to look inside for the truth in me.

Today, I look back on those years and all of the lessons I've since learned, have made sense of my experiences.

You see, one of the major reasons why people have so much dysfunction in their lives is related to them not facing the fear inside of them. Every decision they make from that point is based from fear; not wisdom, or clarity, integrity, etc. Fear distorts the truth. The truth is what we all have to face if we are to have a good life.

I faced my truth. The chains that bound me broke. And I was set me free.

Have you faced your truth?

No comments: