Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Never Once Have I Ever Regretted Being Born A Black Woman...

Click the image to open in full size.
When God was planning my arrival, he could have made me anything. I could have been born in Portugal, Indonesia, Romania, Japan, Brazil, et al, but he chose me to be born in Augusta Georgia, at precisely 10:20 a.m. on July 8th, 19___.  Ha. My business, but the point is...not once in my life have I ever looked in the mirror and wished to be someone else. I love my skin, my eyes, my nose, my hair and most importantly; I feel blessed being a Black woman. I feel like I hit 777 in the lottery. The dice keeps rolling 7's. I keep pulling Aces from the deck. I am a symbol of beauty that can't be duplicated. I'm in a royal class. Their is joy in my spirit for I know that I was born of love...and I've always felt special.

Whether or not anyone accepts me for me, I really don't care. The most important validation of my existence is self-acceptance. And Lord, I thank you for giving me the gift and honor of being a Black woman. Everyday I walk outside my home; I'm representing former queens, intelligent mothers, proud grandmothers and gifted women who birthed every Black woman there is. My head is held high. My walk is straight and I look forward as each step is precisioned toward my destination.

It is not what I am that matters, but what it means to be that. Being a Black woman means that we are born to be first. Africa birthed the first queens. That regality is deep within me. My spirit soars and I don't need a throne. Folks see me and automatically are motivated to bestow respect fit for one who was born to be exalted.

I AM A BLACK WOMAN. Proud and free.

Thank you, Lord.

I love who I am and every single day...I fly with my feet firm on the ground, but soar each time I spread my wings like an eagle and glide with a firm wind above the clouds.

[Orchestra begins...]

Ahhhhhhhh..........Yeah! I always feel like I am the Greatest even when the world tries to tell me I'm not.

I WIN!



No comments: