Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How Some Black Women Get Their Man!


There are women out there who just seem to attract men.

Forums all over the internet are inundated with topics from females who seem to think that every Black man on planet earth is after non Black women. Listening to some famous women lately, Jill Scott, Regina King to name a few, you'd think that every Black woman is just pathetic when it comes to men. Statistically, that is not true. Black men prefer Black women and marry them every single day.

Whenever something becomes viral, an idea, soundbite, attitude, false beliefs, stereotypes; it is almost impossible to stop them.

Personally, I've never had a problem attracting Black men. The funny thing is...I don't attract negative Black men at all. Throughout my adult years, the majority of Black men I meet have always been respectful towards me. Typically, I'm greeted with smiles and compliments. They open doors for me, when I would go out to restaurants or clubs, I've had men actually put my coat on for me. I've never asked for this treatment. The only thing I can say is that if women would just get the chips off of their shoulders; you'd find out just how many good brothers out there really do desire to be with us and want to spoil us. But you've got to be open to that.

I just don't find it necessary or even entertain the thought of competing with a man in a relationship--he's my partner, I want to please him--make him laugh and smile. I like to have fun. I love to cook and I'm extremely family and community oriented. The adventurous nature I have, definitely seems to be a plus and men enjoy a woman they feel like they are taking a great excursion with; and they may just be staying in the house for the day. It's your attitude and how you feel about yourself that keeps a man focused on you.

A word of advice to sistahs out there having issues with the bruthas: Get that degree. Become a success, but stop taking yourselves so seriously. Laugh a little. You can get that hair whipped up and those nails buffed every week, but it's not about how you look--but it's your character that matters. Fashion can't hide the ugly within.

When you don't have to beg a man to spend time with you...and he really doesn't find anything else as fun or interesting as being with his woman-- YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT .

No comments: